Communism : a very short introduction /
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2009.
- xvi, 155 p. : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Very short introductions; 209 .
- Very short introductions. .
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1. The theory of communism; 2. A brief history of communism in power; 3. The political system of communism; 4. The economic system of communism; 5. The social structures of communism; 6. Communism's international allegiances; 7. The collapse of communist power and the future
The collapse of communism was one of the most defining moments of the 20th century. This introduction examines the history behind the political, economic, and social structures of communism as an ideology.